PVSchools is dedicated to empowering all of our English learner students to grow into educated, world-class thinkers that positively contribute to society and become our future’s powerful leaders.
In order to fulfill this mission, we are proud to offer English language development (ELD) programming that best prepares English learners to achieve high levels of success academically, linguistically, and socially, while recognizing that students’ experiences, cultures and home languages enrich the learning environment for all students.
Language Acquisition Services
The Language Acquisition Department provides a variety of services directly to parents and students. This includes:
- All aspects of language development in our elementary, middle schools and high schools
- Compliance issues for English Language Learners
- Testing of students for English Language Proficiency
- Translation services for key documents and critical communications
- Interpreter services as identified and requested by the schools
- State and federal grants for special populations
If you need language acquisition services, talk with the principal, a teacher, or a counselor at your child's school.
PVSchools offers the following Native American services.
- Academic intervention for students who meet the set criteria for the school year
- Cultural materials and presentations for Native American students and their families
- Youth conferences for middle school and high school students
- Hoop of Learning for high school students
Services are limited and based on need and eligibility. Eligible students are those who have a completed and signed 506 form on file with the district and who are a member of a federally recognized tribe or band, state recognized tribe or band, or a tribe, band, or other organized group of native Americans including those terminated since 1940, or are a child or grandchild of any such member previously mentioned, or Inuit, Aleut, or Alaskan native.
If you have any questions about Native American services, please call 602-449-2116.